So you wake up to a beautiful Carolina blue sky and look at the forecast: 82 degrees and sunny all day long.
And then you start looking for that Carolina blue ocean.
Guess what? It’s not there because you decided to go to college/get a new job/move far away from your favorite place in the world….
What the hell were you thinking, again?
1. This was your view. EVERY SINGLE DAY.
2. You never had to really plan to go to the beach. It was expected that all your favorite people would be there already.
3. Wearing shorts over your bathing suit was not always necessary. Shoes were almost never necessary.
4. Getting sand everywhere may be a tourist’s pet peeve. But you never had a problem with it between your toes or all over your car.
5. Sitting in traffic was never so beautiful.
6. You love where are you are now. But your current living situation’s got nothing on this sunset.
7. Getting a drink after work is fun now. But going for a swim in the ocean after work is what you’d rather be doing.
I love my school and the town that built it. And I can move real far away for a great big job in a great big city. But there is nothing that can keep me away from the best kept secret of the Carolina Coast.